One of the massive things ever coming in this brand new Season of the Drifter in Destiny 2 is Gambit Prime. The new mode is a fully upgraded version of the PvE/PvP hybrid introduced in Forsaken that, in addition to being played over one round rather than playing three rounds, will put a greater effect on some specific roles: Invaders who attack opposing teams, Collectors who gather motes, Reapers who clear waves of enemies and send blockers, and Sentries who defend against the Invaders which are opposing.
Each and every different class will get its own unique suite of swanky, iridescent armor that looks really good and eye-catching and this is the important bit, confers unique abilities and bonuses. Bungie generally does not do set bonuses for armor, and it is not clear whether the bonuses come one-per-piece, or if each and every additional piece boosts the overall effect. But wearing armor which is class-specific in Gambit Prime will definitely have a massive effect.
Following are the statistics and various abilities stated as of each and every one of the class:-
- Weaken High-Value Targets
- Multi-kills generate special ammo
- Increased mote duration
- Powerful enemy kills recharge the grenade
- Multi-kills increase the damage against Taken
- Bank gives Health Regen
- Mark Invaders for all the teammates
- Buff allies in a well of light
- Drop motes on the death
- Motes collecting grant overshield
- Gain ammo on mote deposit
- Send 20 powerful mote blocker
- Gain ammo while invading
- Improved overshield while invading
- Damage bonus on the guardian kills
- Lock and drain motes while invading
Lots of good and useful perks in there, but what is most important? Probably the ability of the Collector to drop motes when they are killed, instead of consigning to the wastefulness of the empty void because they could not be bothered to bank things like a normal average person when they had like 17 opportunities to do so but held onto them as they wanted to be hero and now we have to start all over again with nothing in hand.
In addition to Gambit Prime update, the base Gambit mode is also getting a few upgrades to improve the user experience. As outlined by Bungie in the recent post, they are making changes to speed up the battles a bit as well as a handful of other alterations:-
- Changed the third round of Gambit to a sudden death Primeval rush. This will speed up Gambit battles overall and add a change of the pace to the final round.
- Overhauled how we choose the spawn location of the invader and increased the number of spawn points for invader for each map. This should greatly reduce the chances of spawning very close or in direct line of sight of an attentive enemy Guardian.
- Implemented Idle Protection which generally means that players which remain dormant for too long will not receive end-of-match Infamy points or rewards.
- The Triumph Light vs. Light can now be easily progressed by killing any of the enemy Guardian using a Super, not just the invaders. This makes attaining the title of Dredgen a less daunting task.
- Adjustments to the different Blocker types by deposit tier:
- Small Blocker = Taken Goblin with much less health than the previous Phalanx.
- Medium Blocker = Taken Captain with much more health than the previous Knight.
- Large Blocker = Taken Knight with much more health than the previous Ogre.
Destiny 2: Season of the Drifter gets on the roll on March 5, which is today, hence your wait is over.
netgear router update