Netgear Router Support login allows you to do multiple things with the router. You can view default settings of the router and you can also make changes to those settings according to your wish. Now questions arise that What all settings we can do or we can see by logging into the router? Once you are logged into the Netgear Router, router’s web management page will open in front of you and there you can see anything such as default username (also known as SSID), default password (for wireless), security settings (WPA), connection type (DSL, Dynamic IP, PPPoE), etc… You can make changes to these values over the same platform. For eg. You can set the wireless password and from there every time you connect to that network you need to use the same password. You can also update the router’s firmware over the same router’s web management page. We will talk about Router update in this blog only. Now you have basic knowledge of Router login and this knowledge will be completed when you get to know how do perform Netgear Router Login?? This is very easy, you just need to follow below mentioned steps:
- Switch off modem and router.
- Connect modem’s WAN port with router’s WAN port using the ethernet cable.
- Make a connection between router’s LAN port and Computer’s LAN port using another ethernet cable.
- Power on a modem, router and then the computer in sequence.
- Wait for lights on the router and modem to turn solid green.
- Once lights are on, you can open any of the web browsers on your computer.
- Type routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net in URL tab.
- You can also use Netgear Router Login IP I.e 192.168.0.1 for the same purpose.
- You would be redirected to Router Login Page.
- You will be asked for a Username and Password. Username is admin and Password is password. (NOTE: These credentials are case-sensitive)
- Select Log-in.
- You would be redirected to router’s web management page.
This completes Netgear Router Login process. Now you are on router’s web management page as discussed above and now you can see default settings by selecting setup wizard tab located on the left bar on that page. Over the same platform, you can update the router’s firmware. Before this, we should know what is Router’s firmware?? Router’s firmware is an embedded software which decides router functioning, manages routing protocols, administrative features, security settings etc… Router’s firmware is installed on ROM(Read-only Memory). Now we can discuss how to update router firmware?? I have mentioned all the required steps and you just follow these steps:
- Perform Netgear Router Login as discussed above.
- Once you are on the router’s web management page, you can update the router’s firmware.
- Click ADVANCED>Administration.
- Click Firmware update or Router Update.
- Check for any router’s firmware update, if available.
- Download Update.
- Unzip the downloaded firmware file and run the .exe file.
- Apply changes.
- Save Changes.
If you still face with Netgear Router Login and Netgear Router Update, you can contact your brand manufacturer for Netgear customer support or Netgear Technical Support. They will help you free of cost if you are covered under warranty. Before this, you can also refer to their user’s manual.
If you can’t resolve your issues with your brand manufacturer, you can contact us Support for Netgear Router at www.router-loginnet.com. We have experts in our team who can resolve any of your issues instantly.